About the Center Foundation
Get to know our team
The Center Foundation partners with Central Oregon high schools to provide certified athletic trainers at their schools and on the sidelines of local sporting events. Our athletic trainers serve more than 3,000 students at over 760 sporting events per year, not only assisting with sports related injuries, but also educating students on the importance of sports safety.
What we do
We provide certified athletic trainers at no cost to students or their families throughout Central Oregon. These athletic trainers provide coverage for practices and home games, on-site medical care five days a week, and teach injury prevention strategies to local students.
Our services also cover:
- Partnership and support from The Center physicians, ensuring expert medical care both on and off the field
- Coordinated care with other professionals to support student health and safety
- Concussion education, testing, and management
- Brain and spinal cord injury prevention education in grade schools
- Free bike helmet program
- Annual free pre-participation sports physicals for 6th–12th grade student athletes
- Professional education seminars and conferences
To promote the health and safety of kids through access to sports medicine services and education by:
- Increasing awareness about the importance of concussion testing and the devastating effects of Second Impact Syndrome.
- Educating parents, coaches, athletes, medical practitioners, and the public about the signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Implementing concussion awareness and injury management in Central Oregon schools.
- Returning athletes to competition only if and when it is safe to do so.
To provide access to sports medicine services and injury prevention for all Central Oregon youth.
Why our communities need The Center Foundation
The Center Foundation is the only nonprofit in Central Oregon solely dedicated to providing sports medicine as a way to ensure that youth are safe, healthy, and protected in an active lifestyle. We work to:
- Provide the highest standard of care in youth sports.
- Improve access to quality sports medicine for all youth, including those who do not otherwise have access to health care professionals.
- Reduce healthcare costs by performing preventative, emergency, and rehabilitative care on-site at the school, at no cost to student athletes.
- Educate coaches, parents, and students about young bodies and how to prevent lifelong injuries.
Support our team
Get involved with The Center Foundation and see your effort positively benefit the youth in our community.
Support our programs