About the Center Foundation
What we do
The Center Foundation is the only nonprofit in Central Oregon solely committed to bringing sports medicine services to high school athletes. We do this by hiring certified athletic trainers and placing them in local high schools. Our athletic trainers assist with sports related injuries and provide daily on-site medical care. In addition, they educate students and coaches on the importance of sports safety and injury prevention.
As a result, The Center Foundation athletic trainers serve more than 3,000 student athletes at over 760 sporting events in eight local high schools each year. Importantly, we provide this benefit at no cost to students or their families. This work is made possible through our partnership with The Center physicians, local high schools, and generous donations from the community.
We also provide
- Direct collaboration with The Center physicians, ensuring expert medical care both on and off the field
- Coordinated care with other health care professionals to support student health and safety
- Concussion education, testing, and management
- Brain and spinal cord injury prevention education in grade schools
- Free bike helmet program
- Access to annual free pre-participation sports physicals combined with well-care checks for 6th–12th grade student athletes
- Professional education seminars and conferences
To promote the health and safety of kids through access to sports medicine services and education. We do this through:
- EDUCATION for parents, coaches, athletes, medical practitioners, and the public on injury prevention and safe sports.
- AWARENESS about the signs and symptoms of a concussion and the devastating effects of Second Impact Syndrome.
- TESTING both before a concussion occurs (baseline testing) and after (post-concussion testing) along with post-concussion injury management.
- RETURNING athletes to competition after a concussion or other injury only if and when it is safe to do so.
To provide access to sports medicine services and injury prevention for all Central Oregon youth.
Why our communities need The Center Foundation
Throughout the United States, many high schools lack the capacity to employ full-time athletic trainers to manage and treat injuries for their student athletes. In fact, only 37% of U.S. high schools report having full-time athletic trainers, leaving two-thirds of high school athletes unprotected by medical care when playing high-risk sports. Central Oregon was no different until The Center Foundation was created to fill that need. As the only nonprofit in Central Oregon solely dedicated to providing sports medicine services to young athletes, we ensure that your kids are safe, healthy, and protected in their active lifestyle.
We work to:
- Provide the highest standard of care in youth sports.
- Improve access to quality sports medicine for all youth, including those who do not otherwise have access to health care professionals.
- Reduce healthcare costs by performing preventative, emergency, and rehabilitative care on-site at the school, at no cost to student athletes or their families.
- Educate coaches, parents, and students about young bodies and how to prevent lifelong injuries.
Support our team
Get involved with The Center Foundation and see your efforts directly benefit the youth in our community.