Meet Our Leadership
Sandy directs all aspects of the foundation, including strategy, operations, development, marketing, and communications.
With over two decades managing nonprofit organizations, Sandy brings a wide variety of experience to her role as Executive Director for The Center Foundation. She has held leadership positions with organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Grand Futures Prevention Coalition, Advocates of Routt County, Bend Endurance Academy, and NeighborImpact. Sandy has served as a board member for Camp Fire Central Oregon and First Impressions of Routt County.
Sandy earned a master’s degree in Nonprofit Management from Regis University and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Vermont. Her master’s thesis, entitled Corporate-Nonprofit Strategic Partnerships, brought to light the importance of creating equally beneficial relationships between nonprofit organizations and for-profit companies for long-term sustainability. Since then, Sandy has gone on to develop a multitude of strategic partnerships; assist companies with establishing philanthropic programs and giving procedures; and lead nonprofits through strategic marketing, fundraising and planning processes.
Sandy sees the value in building healthy communities, and has a passion for supporting youth and families in Central Oregon. Outside of work, she can often be found cheering on her husband and daughter at mountain bike and cyclocross races. She also enjoys mountain biking, telemark and Nordic skiing, and volunteering.
Board of Directors
The Center Foundation Board of Directors is a dedicated group of community leaders and medical professionals who embrace the foundation’s mission to keep kids healthy and safe while participating in school athletics.
- Tim Bollom, MD, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon, The Center
- Tom Carlsen, MD, Retired, Emeritus Board Member
- Seth Crawford, Judge, Crook County
- Lindsey Hopper, PacificSource Health Plans
- Jenny King, Director of Marketing and Business Development, The Center
- Matt Kirchoff, PT, Therapeutic Associates, Board VP
- Korena Larsen-Ferris, PA, The Center
- Matthew Lilley, MD, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon, The Center
- Kristy Lovejoy, Lovejoy Properties
- Christy McLeod, CEO, The Center
- Patsy Melville, Owner, High Desert Insurance, Board President
- Justin Roth, DO, The Center
- Viviane Ugalde, MD, Physiatrist and Rehabilitation Physician, The Center