Meet the Leadership Team!
Sonja directs all of the daily operations of the foundation, including fundraising event coordination, marketing, and all foundation initiatives.
With a critical eye towards marketing, public and community relations, public service, fiscal management, and corporate partnership, Sonja Donohue brings a wide array of experience to her role as Executive Director for The Center Foundation.
Sonja started her professional career as an entrepreneur, opening a small and successful wine, gourmet food, and catering business. She took this experience and transitioned into the private club industry where she dedicated 15 years to learning, growing, and then obtaining a Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation. During her time in the private club industry, Sonja created many unique and successful marketing programs and membership strategies for prestigious clubs in Idaho and Central Oregon. After leaving the club industry, Sonja moved into the role of Community Relations manager for BendBroadbandâ, where she was able to foster her love for philanthropy and helping in the community. Sonja grew her program with BendBroadbandâ by over 70% during her five-year tenure, managed budgets upwards of $1 million, and made contributions to over 120 nonprofit organizations in the greater Bend, Oregon area.
In her role as Executive Director for The Center Foundation, Sonja has cultivated growth and improvement for the organization that has allowed the foundation to prosper. She continually solicits and cultivates key partnerships with corporate contributors, community members, and peer organizations. And, she has effectively rebranded the foundation and positioned the organization for growth since joining the team in 2015. With a strong community network, Sonja is constantly working to create and sustain long-term partners who are passionate and aligned with the mission and services at The Center Foundation.
Along with her professional accomplishments, Sonja is a dedicated wife, and mother of two. She loves spending her free time with family, enjoying the Central Oregon outdoors – skiing, hiking, and exploring.
Board of Directors
The Center Foundation Board of Directors is a dedicated group of community leaders and medical professionals who embrace the foundation’s mission to keep kids healthy and safe while participating in school athletics.
- Richard Andrews, Director Internal Audits, Les Schwab, Inc.
- Tim Bollom, MD, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon, The Center
- Tom Carlsen, MD, Retired
- Seth Crawford, Judge, Crook Co.
- Derek Garrett, CFO, The Center, Treasurer
- Mike Gonsalves, CEO, The Center
- Anthony Hinz, MD Orthopedic Surgeon, The Center
- Lindsey Hopper, VP Medicaid Pr., PacificSource, Board President
- Jenny King, Marketing and Communications Director, The Center
- Matt Kirchoff, PT, Therapeutic Associates
- Katie Legace, Executive Director High Schools, Bend La-Pine Schools
- Matthew Lilley, MD, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon, The Center
- Patsy Melville, Owner, High Desert Insurance
- Viviane Ugalde, MD, Physiatrist and Rehabilitation Physician, The Center