Making a positive impact on our community
Our Brain Trust, Education, and Sports Medicine programs have gained recognition in both local and national news. These three signature programs would not exist without the generous support of our donors and the community. Your gifts, coupled with our successful fundraising events, help us give back over $500,000 in services and education to our community each year.
Read more about our community involvement and other stories about The Center Foundation in the news.
- Year Two of Training Grant for Madras and Culver High Schools
- After Open Heart Surgery, Summit Soccer Player Thrives
- Bend Police Have Begun Giving Away Bike Helmets
- Taking on Concussion in the Classroom
- Michael Estes Hired by The Center Foundation as Athletic Trainer for Crook County High School
- The Center Foundation is named The Bend Chamber Non-Profit of the Year!
- The Center Foundation’s Brain Injury Prevention at Juniper Elementary
- Center Foundation Provides Athletic Trainers to Local High Schools
- Athletic Training Workshop for High School Students
- The Center Foundation and St. Charles Medical Center Continue Sisters High School Partnership
- Free Pre-Participation Sports Physicals
- National Athletic Trainers Association issues guidelines for high school sports safety
“On the 17th of April my daughter was injured at the Bend High track meet. She and I were both so thankful that Andrew was at the meet. Both he and another doctor from The Center, Dr. Nelson, quickly looked at her injured thumb and suggested we go get x-rays before taping and icing her injury. The next day when we followed up at The Center with a broken thumb, not only did she meet with a new doctor but both Andrew and the first doctor came into the room to check up on her. She and I both feel lucky to live in a community that provides such caring individuals to our young athletes.”